I have stumbled into the following issue during a CRM 2013 setup: You run a regular installation and the setup completes with the following error:
Action Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ProvisionBusinessAction failed.
Once I closed the error I noticed that CRM was actually installed and all the services were running, but the Organization was in a “failed” status and was inaccessible. When I tried to delete it and recreate it – it fails again with the same error.
After a closer look at the error log I found the following entry:
Microsoft.Crm.CrmSecurityException: Could not find GUID for server: SERVERNAME$ With SearchFilter:samAccountName
So I did some googling and found a few people that encountered this problem with an ADFS deployment – but nothing solved my issue.
Eventually the problem in my case was that ports 3268 & 3269 were blocked (those are the Global Catalog LDAP & Global Catalog LDAP SSL ports) and the solution to this was to open those ports in the Firewall.
If you encounter the same issue you need to check if the required ports are open against your current Domain controller:
1. Open CMD with run as admin and type “echo %LOGONSERVER%” – this will return the DC you are authenticating with.
2. Then type Telnet dcname port# (You need to add the Telnet client feature through the server management console).
For example: telnet DC01 3268
If you receive a message that a connection cannot be made – this means the ports are blocked and need to be opened by your IT staff / Sys admin.
You should run this test for all the required protocols:
Service Name TCP
LDAP SSL 636
RPC Endpoint Mapper 135
Global Catalog LDAP 3268
Global Catalog LDAP SSL 3269
In any case you should always verify that all the required ports are open according to “Connectivity and Firewall Port Requirements for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013” document – which you can find here:
Hope this one was informative & Helpful 🙂