Category Archives: Dynamics CRM

Dynamics CRM 2016 Step-By-Step installation guide

Hi everyone!

To be honest – The installation process & requirements of Dynamics CRM 2016 is practically identical to 2015 – But most people that are new to Dynamics don’t know that.

So here is a new video tutorial for Dynamics CRM 2016 installation

Dynamics CRM 2015 Unattended Installation using Command Line and XML file

In this new tutorial I will show you how to perform a silent installation for Dynamics CRM 2015. You can use this procedure to quickly deploy Test/Dev and also production enviroments using a pre-configured XML template.Installing CRM with an XML file provides you some features you don’t have in the regular GUI installation such as chosing the names for the Security Groups used by Dynamics CRM.

Example XML Files (Change the doc extension to xml):

With Pre-Configured OU Groups:

Without Pre-Configured OU Groups:

Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 Update 0.1 Released

Update 0.1 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2015 is finally out and you can download it here:

As you probably noticed Microsoft changed their naming convention and it will no longer be called “Rollup”. The 0.1 update contains many fixes and performance enhancements.

“The target principal name is incorrect. Cannot generate SSPI context” error message during Dynamics CRM Setup

During Dynamics CRM 2015/2013 setup you might encounter this error in the final system checks process:


This is caused due to improper SPN’s (Service Principal Name) configuration for the SQL server. To resolve this follow these steps:
1. Connect to your SQL server and go to services (Start -> services.msc) from there locate your SQL service and check the Log on account


2. Open CMD with Run As Administrator and run the following commands one by one (you need to use a high privileged domain account):

setspn –A MSSQLSvc/<SQL Server computer name>:1433 <Domain\Account>
setspn -A MSSQLSvc/<SQL Server FQDN>:1433 <Domain\Account>

In my case the syntax would be:

setspn –A MSSQLSvc/CRM-SQL:1433 TZOOKI\sqlsvc
setspn –A MSSQLSvc/ TZOOKI\sqlsvc



  • If you are running SQL with NETWORK SERVICES or NT Service\MSSQLSERVER – then you need to register the SPN’s for the machine name (it is less likely to encounter this error in that scenario – but possible) – example:
    setspn –A MSSQLSvc/CRM-SQL:1433 TZOOKI\crm-sql
  •  If you changed the default SQL port from 1433 to something else – then you need to update the commands accordingly

3. In Dynamics CRM setup click back & next – Problem should be solved – You can now continue the installation.

Another approach:

If you have issues with the CMD commands then there is a way to solve this with a simple GUI instead:
1. Connect to your Active Directory server -> open the ADSI Editor and locate your service account (or machine name if you are using NETWORK SERVICES or NT Service\MSSQLSERVER)
2. Right click -> Properties


3. In the Attribute Editor locate ServicePrincipalName and click Edit.
4. Add your SPN’s accordingly:


5. Click OK & Apply – You installation should now go through without issues

Good Luck with the rest of the installation 🙂

Step-By-Step Dynamics CRM 2015 Installation Guide

Hey everyone!

So I finally decided to create my very first video tutorial – it’s a basic & simple installation guide for Dynamics CRM 2015  on 2 servers and you can watch it on my YouTube channel

I hope you find this helpful & useful!

More stuff coming soon!

Microsoft.Crm.CrmSecurityException: Could not find GUID for server: SERVERNAME$ With SearchFilter:samAccountName

Hi everyone!

I have stumbled into the following issue during a CRM 2013 setup: You run a regular installation and the setup completes with the following error:

Action Microsoft.Crm.Tools.Admin.ProvisionBusinessAction failed.

Once I closed the error I noticed that CRM was actually installed and all the services were running, but the Organization was in a “failed” status and was inaccessible. When I tried to delete it and recreate it – it fails again with the same error.
After a closer look at the error log I found the following entry:

Microsoft.Crm.CrmSecurityException: Could not find GUID for server: SERVERNAME$ With SearchFilter:samAccountName

So I did some googling and found a few people that encountered this problem with an ADFS deployment – but nothing solved my issue.
Eventually the problem in my case was that ports 3268 & 3269 were blocked (those are the Global Catalog LDAP & Global Catalog LDAP SSL ports) and the solution to this was to open those ports in the Firewall.

If you encounter the same issue you need to check if the required ports are open against your current Domain controller:

1. Open CMD with run as admin and type “echo %LOGONSERVER%” – this will return the DC you are authenticating with.
2. Then type Telnet dcname port# (You need to add the Telnet client feature through the server management console).
For example: telnet DC01 3268

If you receive a message that a connection cannot be made – this means the ports are blocked and need to be opened by your IT staff / Sys admin.

You should run this test for all the required protocols:

Service Name TCP
LDAP 389
RPC Endpoint Mapper 135
Global Catalog LDAP 3268
Global Catalog LDAP SSL 3269
Kerberos 88

In any case you should always verify that all the required ports are open according to “Connectivity and Firewall Port Requirements for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2013” document – which you can find here:

Hope this one was informative & Helpful 🙂